maandag 29 maart 2010

Tagliatelle with Black Garlic


I couldn't wait any longer- after yesterday's post about black garlic curiosity got the better of me, I had to try cooking the garlic. I decided to take an easy path and made a quick pasta. How I love pasta.
I cooked 300gr tagliatelle. Fried 250gr diced bacon, added 1 finely chopped onion, until it was just begining to brown. I added several mushrooms, 4 cloves of black garlic sliced, a few freeze dried Spanish pepers, a few chopped black olives, about 2 tsp capers and some sundried tomato (in oil). When the pasta was just cooked I added a little olive oil and about 150gr Philadelphia cheese (original), 25gr Gran padano salt and pepper and mixed thoroughly. I carefully put the two together.
I served it with a stir fry of Italian vegetables and a side salad. How I love my vegetables and salads.

Oh my, the garlic was divine, next time I won't be afraid to add more. The balance was good although I don't usually use so many ingredients in one dish. By omitting regular garlic I was afraid I wouldn't get the full taste! I didn't miss it at all and I certainly didn't miss smelly fingers!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten